Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bosvegas, AECC and life in general

After six weeks in Bournemouth, more spesifically Boscombe (apparantly the more dodgy place in town), it might be an idea to indulge people in my life here.
It is kind of surreal to picture myself here for five years. But at the same time it's a very good place to find yourself for such a long time (and time flies!). It feels as if I have known the people here forever at the same time as it feels as I only arrived yesterday.

So what has been going on since I got here?

The first week we were just settling into the house, Thomas, Ida, Hanne, Ane and I. The first days were spent cleaning the house, because it was dirty! But it was nice team-work:) And I couldn't have got better housemates!

During freshers week we had parties, we went to the beach and did a lot of fun stuff inbetween the classes and sleeping. Bournemouth has such nice beaches, they go on kilometer by kilometer. I have even been swimming in the sea, and it wasn't too cold!




Here are two of my housemates (three if you count Thomas' head).


Other things I have done:
- I have found a church - citygate church - where I will join a cell group, and I've already made some good friends there, Basia and Sophie:)
- I have joined a roing/boat club (!) and if I'll stick to it we're going on competition the 22nd November.
- Learnt all the bones in the body and actually find anatomy very interesting:)

3 comments:

Mette said...

Dette var en hyggelig overraskelse Kari:-) Ikke ofte du oppdaterer bloggen.

Ser ut som om du har det konge i England. Savner deg masse men er veldig glad for at du har det bra. Du skal jo tross alt bo der noen år så er jo en fordel å trives;-) Supert at du også har funnet en kirke å gå i.

Hadde vært koselig med en oppdatering på norsk etterhvert. Du må jo ikke glemme norsken din;-)

Kos deg videre i England du. Så snakkes vi snart. Ringer deg nok en dag skal du se. I morgen setter jeg kursen mot Bolivia, så det blir nokså konge regner jeg med.

Stor abrazo fra Mette

Anonymous said...

Hei Kari! Så kjekt d ser ud i England! Håbe du får ein fine vinter, å at du føle du e på rett plass:) Kanskje snakkes me snart? Gla i deg=)

Anonymous said...

kari!

så koselig å se at du har oppdatert bloggen din! fint å høre at du har settled in alright. var så koselig å se deg igjen i sommer, selv om det var så altfor kort!!!
stor klem
kristin - your firstieeeee