Sunday, December 09, 2007

All I want for Christmas...






It is only fifteen days till Christmas Eve which was the best day of the year when I was smaller. Now, Christmas Eve isn't that important to me anymore, but the whole holiday season is what matters. Just being able to get a break from school and go home to see family and friends. It is about two months since last time I was, which isn't that long considering that for several years now it has been almost five months between each time I've been home.
All I want for Christmas this year is snow, I wanta white Christmas. Last Christmas was spent with my wonderful Ecuador-team, Joel and Jon Petter in the jungle, la selva, and it was the best vacation ever(!), but it wasn't Christmas. Well, Christmas Eve actually felt very much like it would have been at home with the exception of not being with family, but at that point last year, the team was my family.

But a white Christmas would have been amazing, because you don't see much snow in Kristiansand. I preferred New Mexico, where there was some chance of snow, and at least no rain.

Yesterday it was the 'julbord' with the translators (the first and third year of the bachelor degree), which is a nice party where everyone dresses up and eat heaps of Norwegian Christmas food. It was delicious...food you only get once a year..mmm...and you get to talk to people you haven't met that often. Afterwards we went out to this place called kick, the music was unfortunately not the best, but it was fun anyways! I haven't gone out much lately, and the last couple of weeks I have only been reading, which means that I haven't done anything on weekend nights, which is kind of boring. But I decided to take this weekend off to relax which is one of the best decisions I've ever made. Now I'm fresh and ready to face the books again tomorrow:)

So, I was supposed to write about Christmas, but I think I rather need to make myself some dinner...
Ok, more Christmas to come in future posts, maybe when I've gotten home and the peace of Christmas has settled and I can feel the fragrance of pine and gingerbread cookies in the house;)

No comments: